We played many games, several of which I'd not tried before:
- Elfland, a hippy game of travelling elves and quite light.
- Munchkin Cthulhu, we played two games using the correct rules the second time around. Even this was enjoyable though very silly. Possibly not good enough for much play value but a nice palate cleaner between rounds of Game of Thrones or Civilization.
- Medici, a decent enough bidding game which chomper99 always wins. He didn't bid on the first round and by random chance drew the best hand.
- Hugo, that ghost one whose proper name I forget another short fun game.
- Citadels, I got the thief in the first round and was maliciously assassinated and never recovered. But still a good game that kept us interested to the last when Sandra pulled off a coup to win.
In all, a very pleasant way to spend a rainy bank holiday.